Thursday 7 May 2015

Unit 3 C Defining Relative Clauses

Have a look at the video. Now, let's have some practice:

COMPLETE THESE SENTENCES WITH A SUITABLE RELATIVE PRONOUN OR ADVERB
  1. That is the man  helped me when I fell down in the street.
  2. Is that your car? No, mine is the one  is parked just opposite the bank.
  3. That is the woman  complained about the room service.
  4. This is the park  we first met. Do you remember?
  5. So, James is the man  son came on the school trip with us? I din't know.
  6. If you have any question, ask the girl  is standing at the desk. She'll help you.
  7. They had to put away the dog  bit the boy. It was too dangerous.
  8. I'm looking for a person  surname begins with a "k".
  9. Do you still go to that pub  we used to go as students?
  10. The heating is not working. Do you know anyone  can fix it?
B.- JOIN THESE SENTENCES USING RELATIVE PRONOUNS BEGINNING WITH THE WORDS GIVEN. OMIT THE PRONOUN IF POSSIBLE.
  1. The girl is my sister. I'm talking to the girl. The girl   is my sister.
  2. This is the chair. The carpenter repaired it last week. This is the chair 
  3.  She is married to a man. He is richer than her. She is married to a man 
  4. She is the friend. She helped me with my homework. She is the friend 
  5. That is the swimming-pool. I used to go swimming there. That is the swimming-pool 
  6. That is the man. His wife is a famous actress. This is the man 
  7. A doctor examined me last Friday. He was really kind. The doctor   was really kind.
  8. The woman called the police. Her car had been stolen. The woman   called the police.
  9. I went to a restaurant last week. It was very expensive. The restaurant   was very expensive.
  10. I saw a film last night. It was very interesting. The film   was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment